- Chris Kerr
MEDITECH-Endorsed HL7 Data Exchange with Physician EMRs
A MEDITECH-endorsed interoperability solution, Data Express provides outbound clinical results for the exchange of HL7 data with physician EMR applications. Data flows seamlessly into physician EMRs from a variety of MEDITECH applications, including: Laboratory, Microbiology, Blood Bank, Pathology and ITS, Radiology, and Departmental. Furthermore, Data Express allows physicians to submit orders to MEDITECH directly from their EMRs. The result is an efficient, reliable, and cost-effective clinical data and orders exchange.
Data Express minimizes the impact on your daily operations, as the solution is implemented by Forward Advantage and MEDITECH, and testing is a shared effort with your team. This, coupled with standard interfaces from MEDITECH, creates a streamlined and efficient deployment.
- A MEDITECH-endorsed solution preconfigured to accept MEDITECH HL7 interface sets
- Orders are delivered to MEDITECH via an interface, not scripted into the system
- Cost effective with a “one-to-many” EMR interface approach
- Ability to perform electronic orders via physician EMRs
- Demonstrates electronic exchange of information and Meaningful Use for EMRs
- PHI disclosure audit trail to support HIPAA initiatives
This EHR Module is 2011 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments.
Forward Advantage, Inc., 3/16/2012, Data Express v3.80, Criteria Certified: 170.302 K, L, O, Q, S-V, 170.306 G, 03162012-1482-5, No Clinical Quality Measures tested, Additional software used: MS Active Directory.
Certification Criteria (170.302) tested:
(K) Submission to immunization registries
(L) Public health surveillance
(O) Access control
(Q) Automatic log-off
(U) General Encryption
(V) Encryption when exchanging electronic health information
Certification Criteria (170.306) tested:
(G) Reportable lab results
- Stimulus Funds 2009
- MEDITECH Interoperability and EHR Initiatives
- MEDITECH and Forward Advantage Collaboration Established Data Express as a Model of Efficiency
- Emanuel Medical Center Becomes First MAGIC Customer to Implement Data Express
- Climb Aboard the Data Express: Delivering Patient Results to a Physician Practice Near You