COVID-19 Resources: Forward Advantage, Our Partners and the General Healthcare IT Industry
COVID-19 has caused an unparalleled upheaval in the healthcare industry, and new information and guidelines for responding change daily. To help our customers, we are sharing information about our solutions as well as resources from our partners and the industry that might be helpful to your organization. We are continuously updating this page as new information becomes available.
Leverage Your Existing Solutions
Many of our products, like Communication Director, RapidFiler and Data Express are the backbone of information exchange and access, facilitating critical hospital workflows – often via automation and at high volumes. We are actively working with customers to identify ways these solutions can help them with their immediate needs during these uncertain times.
Faxing and Information Exchange
Many of our products, like Communication Director, RapidFiler and Data Express are the backbone of information exchange and access, facilitating critical hospital workflows – often via automation and at high volumes.
We’re committed to working with our customers to help find ways to utilize Forward Advantage solutions. Sharing ideas and use cases will help identify common challenges that can often be solved with existing functionality.
Facilitating Faxing for Remote Employees
Many customers have transitioned a portion of their workforce to remote employees, many of whom will still need to send and receive faxes. With Communication Director, you can send faxes electronically via our DesktopFax functionality, which may extend to remote employees depending on your environment. Plus, you can receive faxes via email or have them dropped into a network folder. No need for a physical fax machine.
NEW: Supporting Increased Faxing
Faxing has increased as hospitals restrict on-site visitors and other non-critical face-to-face transactions. To help address volume increases and ensure faxes are going out as needed, consider either cloud-enabled telephony (now available with Communication Director) or adding capacity for traditional telephony solutions.
NEW: Send Reports via Email or Network File Drop
Many customers are reporting that recipients, such as physician offices, have employees working from homes and need reports delivered via other methods besides fax. Communication Director can automate the delivery of reports (lab, imaging, pharmacy, materials management, etc,) via email or network file drop.
NEW: Replace Paper Filing Workflows
With a move to remote workforces, paper filing processes may need to be replaced with electronic workflows. RapidFiler creates a streamlined workflow for electronically filing documents into MEDITECH, eliminating the need for manual printing & scanning and trips to the hospital to pick up batches of paper. COVID-strained organizations can mitigate exposure risk and save time.
We want to share ideas between customers to find out-of-the box solutions to common issues. We recognize customers often share the same challenges and a solution for one customer may also solve a challenge for several others. We’re here to collaborate and help. Share your idea here.
Learn how to leverage your Imprivata solutions to help combat COVID-19. Whether it’s identifying possibly infected providers with Imprivata OneSign reporting or enabling a remote workforce with Imprivata Confirm ID, solutions are available to mitigate risk.
- View the recent article about using Imprivata solutions during the pandemic from Lee Howard, VP of Client Services: Defending Against COVID-19 with Imprivata Solutions. *Updated on 4/8/20 with new use cases.
- Imprivata Confirm ID for Remote Access is currently available to existing Imprivata customers at no cost for all users. Contact Us if you would like to deploy your temporary licenses.
- NEW: Imprivata GroundControl, lifecycle management for shared mobile devices, is currently available to existing Imprivata customers at no cost through July 31, 2020. Contact Us to see if you qualify for this offer.
- NEW: Imprivata PatientSecure reduces handling of identity cards and other documents for enrolled patients, plus this creates a streamlined check-in process. Also, PatientSecure can provide valuable data about when and by whom a patient was checked-in.
- Read detailed examples of how customer are using Imprivata technology during COVID-19 in our PDF guide.
Download the following cleaning guides for details on keeping key pieces of Imprivata hardware clean:
Offer your remote employees a virtual desktop. If you already have VDI reach out to see what your options are to help optimize or extend your existing infrastructure to new remote employees.
How Our Partners are Helping
- To help combat the COVID-19 pandemic, MEDITECH is offering Expanse Ambulatory customers deployment of its Scheduled Virtual Visits software capabilities, free of charge for a six-month period.
- MEDITECH provides Decision Support and Guidance for COVID-19. Workflow documents have been updated to ensure that care teams continue to have the proper coronavirus screening procedures in place.
- NEW: MEDITECH assists customers with software and support to help combat COVID-19.
- Ambulatory Virtual Visits Rapid Response Implementation Plan.
- MEDITECH provides guidance for home care providers on how to best document and track patients at risk for infection.
- MEDITECH highlights how customers are implementing remote testing in light of COVID-19.
- MEDITECH shares Health IT crisis and disaster planning recommendations for COVID-19 from CereCore.
- MUSE is offering its members valuable resources and information regarding COVID-19. View on-demand COVID-19 Jam Sessions and webinars focused on MEDITECH best practices during the pandemic.
- Resources page: Continuity in the face of COVID-19.
- NEW: Imprivata GroundControl: Enabling secure virtual visits during hospital lockdowns
- NEW: Imprivata’s Senior Product Marketing Manager, Rachel Pickering, shares 7 Best Practices for Supporting Telehealth, Virtual Care, and Remote Visitation amid COVID-19.
- Take advantage of a few recent articles written by Imprivata’s CMO, Dr. Sean Kelly. As an emergency physician in Boston, he provides valuable insight into COVID-19.
- NEW: Enabling secure virtual visits during hospital lockdowns
- COVID-19 – Our House is On Fire
- Yale New Haven Matches Workstation Locations to Clinician Logins to Help Manage Coronavirus
- Provider systems face a new crisis from COVID-19: Staffing
- Pushing the Boundaries’ to Deliver Care Also Stretches Cybersecurity