Data Express Version 3.80 – 2014 Edition Certified
Data Express Version 3.80 is certified under the Drummond Group’s Electronic Health Records Office of the National Coordinator Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB) program.
This EHR Module is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Forward Advantage, Inc., 12/12/2013, Data Express v3.80, Criteria Certified: 170.314(d)(1,5,8), 170.314(f)(1-4),170.314(g)(4), 12122013-2400-6, No Clinical Quality Measures tested, Additional software used: Active Directory.
Certification Criteria (170.314(d)) tested:
(1) Authentication, access control, and authorization
(5) Automatic log-off
Certification Criteria (170.314(f)) tested:
(1) Immunization Information
(2) Transmission to Immunization Registries
(3) Transmission to public health agencies – syndromic surveillance
(4) Inpatient setting only – transmission of reportable laboratory tests and values/results
Certification Criteria (170.314(g)) tested:
(4) Quality management system
For more information, Data Express will be listed on the CHPL site during the first half of January.
Costs and Limitations
The cost types, technical limitations, and contractual limitation of this certified product-version are described here.
- The cost of the product includes software and implementation services.
- Customers must sign a Maintenance & Support contract, which outlines the terms of application maintenance and support and our connectivity to the customer’s system. The fees are not included in the initial purchase of the software and are charged as annual recurring fees. There is a 1-year term on the contract that is auto-renewed.
- A computer or virtual machine to run the software that has Microsoft Windows Server software installed. In addition, the customer must license MS Active Directory software if not already installed. Customers may use the free SQL Express license for the database but have the option to upgrade to paid versions of SQL Server if desired. Any costs related to this are attributed to operating system, access control and security, and database management.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to obtain the underlying hardware, network, and storage infrastructure that is capable of handling the volume of transactions for the customer’s specific situation.
- Customers may choose to purchase additional maps at an additional cost as their use of the system expands and grows.
- Customers must order and pay for the appropriate HL7 interfaces from their primary hospital information system vendor if they do not already have them in place.
- Third parties are not required for implementation, but customers may choose to work with hosting companies and outsource this function. There are no limitations on who they may select for this purpose. Most hosting providers require customers to enter into an agreement for services over a specific term, but most existing customers install and operate our product internally and do not outsource this function.
- If the customer chooses to work with a third party, there are no limitations imposed by us, other than the required associated software licenses from Microsoft. There may however be technical or operational limitations based on the existing applications and the operating environment at the customer site that are beyond our control.
If you currently have Data Express:
Good News! You can continue to use Data Express to attest to Meaningful Use. If you have not upgraded to version 3.80, contact a representative today. We will be happy to help you upgrade so that you can take advantage of Data Express to meet your Meaningful Use criteria.