Improving the Process for Inbound Faxes with RapidFiler and Communication Director
Fauquier Health Insights
Information systems business analyst
We use RapidFiler for orders from our area providers, surgical authorizations in the OR, as well as other required documents like H&Ps. Here are some examples of how our departments are using RapidFiler:
- Wellness Center – receiving cardio rehab orders
- Physical Medicine – communication with area providers for PT/OT/ST
- Case Management – sending and receiving insurance and intake information for patients
- Materials Management – receiving order confirmations
- Interventional Radiology and Outpatient Special Procedures – orders (specifically STAT orders sent by area physicians for emergency tests and procedures)
- Medical Staff Coordination – receiving massive amounts of paperwork associated with vetting doctors.
RapidFiler makes it very easy to upload into our EHR without making copies or scanning being degraded. Our Infusion Center is the newest department to use RapidFiler. They fax a copy to the pharmacy before filing a copy into MEDITECH. We are now working on getting our Pharmacy on RapidFiler.
When a fax is received in RapidFiler, the user identifies the document type and looks up the patient from our ADT connection with MEDITECH. After the patient is identified, the user “accepts” the file which sends it through COLD feed import into MEDITECH where it appears as a scanned image.
Customer Success Story
About Fauquier Health
Fauquier Hospital is a 97-bed acute care hospital, offering surgical services, a 24-hour Emergency Department, extensive medical imaging capabilities, a Center for Cancer Care, an Intensive Care Unit and several floors of inpatient rooms. The fourth floor of the hospital is devoted to our Family Birthing Center and Intermediate Care Nursery. The hospital has been recognized as a Center of Excellence for Stroke Care, Chest Pain and Orthopedics. The health system also operates the Fauquier Health Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, The Villa at Suffield Meadows assisted living facility, the Wellness Center and the Wound Healing Center, the Sleep Center, as well as several primary care and specialty physician practices. https://www.fauquierhealth.org/